Boots here. I’m back to finish up this series on Toddy Coffee. This post is all about drinking . . . drinking Toddy as both a hot and a cold beverage. After a sip of Toddy, you are going to want to stand up and salute the day with vim and vigor!
You now have your concentrate all good to go. [Note: Be sure to keep your Toddy concentrate refrigerated.] It is recommended that you start with a ratio of 1 part coffee concentrate to 2-3 parts water, milk or whatever non-cow liquid you prefer. I know that soy is a common moo-juice alternative, but heck, why not step into a new paradigm and try cashew, coconut, almond, rice, or hemp milk? Whatever your moo-free preference, experiment and find the one you enjoy best. Doesn’t a caramel sauce & cashew-milk iced mocha sound?
[To read an interesting article on these alternative “milks,” (with info on calories, protein, carbs, sugars, fats, and saturated fats) check out http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-best-cows-milk-alternatives.html]
Mix your Toddy beverage to taste, making your coffee as strong or as weak as you prefer. This is going to be a Goldilocks thing. Try it. Taste it. Adjust it. Find your Just Right.
ICED COFFEE: For iced coffee, Toddy is truly the best. Simply pour the Toddy concentrate and water, milk, or moo-free alternative over ice. No need to double-proportion your coffee grounds for a hot-brew method to get a good iced coffee.
HOT COFFEE: Combine your Toddy concentrate with steaming hot water for a bolder, gentler cup of hot coffee — kind of like an Americano — but not really. Once you tasted the carmel-ly smooth flavor of Toddy, you will know what I mean.
You really want to experiment with all of the fun ideas. Here are a few more:
- Add Toddy to your morning smoothie. Toddy would be great with a chocolate-banana smoothie. Yummy!
- Be creative with whatever it is that sounds good to you. Coconut milk? Protein powder? An almond butter-mocha-coffee frappe?
- Freeze your Toddy in ice-cube trays, and add cubes to your iced beverages and smoothies for that extra-cold punch. This will keep your drink colder longer and not diluted by water-ice cubes.
- Toddy is versatile and so convenient. There is never a need to feel strapped for time in the morning as you are dashing out the door. If you are a fan of the Snooze Alarm, you can even get your drink ready the night before in a pint jar, put it in the fridge, do your crazed morning dash to work, and heat up your coffee right in the pint jar in the office microwave. Voila! Fabulous coffee with no morning hassle.
- And don’t hesitate to add a little Nudge (aka Hooch to my bootleggin’ granny) to make a hot-coffee cocktail — as long as you are not going to be shoeing a horse or operating any heavy equipment. Irish whiskey is a traditional Nudge additive, but you can try adding vanilla vodka for something a little different. I am thinking campfire and some yarn spinning right about now!
And speaking of campfires, doesn’t this look like a fun addition to your summer evenings out on the patio or deck? Grab the S’more fixings, pour yourself a coffee nudge using your Toddy concentrate and indulge in the fact that you are in the great outdoors and only just a pebble’s throw from your own door.
What a hoot this stand-alone fire pit would be on your patio! It would really open up your summer to the great outdoors. Just click on the image or link below.
I hope that this little foray into the world of Toddy has been fun for you! I remember back to when I first tasted it with that fussbudget sister of mine and, at the time, I had to admit to her that it tasted really good. I generally forego Toddy during the winter months, as I like a fresh, hot brew. But the summer? It is so perfect!
And hail all of you hikers, campers, and glampers! Think about how great Toddy would be out on the trail. Put it in a coffee-tight container and you would be good to go for your entire trek.
And you can click here for a comprehensive PDF from the Toddy experts. There are all sorts of cool recipes in here for lattes, mochas, iced coffee beverages, smoothies, and even ice cream!
And check out this Kindle option for learning more about Toddy:
[Subscribers read for free!]
Happy Toddy Trails!